Mobile ramps for wheelchairs are portable and adjustable inclines designed to facilitate wheelchair access over obstacles such as steps, curbs, or uneven surfaces. They are essential for improving accessibility in various settings, including homes, public buildings, and outdoor spaces. Here are some key features and considerations for mobile wheelchair ramps:
- Material: Mobile ramps are typically made from various materials, including aluminum, fiberglass, or rubber. Aluminum ramps are lightweight and durable, making them a popular choice.
- Portability: These ramps are designed to be portable, allowing users to transport them to different locations as needed. Many mobile ramps are foldable or telescopic, making them easy to store and transport.
- Weight Capacity: Check the weight capacity of the ramp to ensure it can support the weight of the wheelchair and user. Ramps are available in different weight capacities to accommodate various needs.
- Length and Width: The length and width of the ramp will determine its usability. Longer ramps are needed for taller obstacles, while wider ramps provide more stability and space for manoeuvring. Our ramp calculator takes the guess work out of purchasing the right sized ramp for you.
- Surface Texture: Some ramps feature a textured surface to provide better traction for wheelchair wheels and reduce the risk of slipping, especially in wet conditions.
- Adjustability: Some mobile ramps have adjustable legs or sections, allowing them to adapt to different heights and angles. This is particularly useful for accessing vehicles with varying heights or for overcoming curbs of different heights.
Mobile ramps for wheelchairs come in various designs so it’s important to choose one that best suits the specific needs of the wheelchair user and the intended use.
If you have any doubts or require assistance, please do contact us to speak with our team of experts.